The six centres are the
BODC has forged partnerships with six centres ©
- British Antarctic Survey (BAS)
- National Oceanography Centre, Southampton (NOCS)
- Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML)
- Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory (POL)
- Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS)
- Sea Mammal Research Unit (SMRU)
The current NERC funded Oceans 2025 research programme involves all of NERC's marine centres and national facilities, and draws together the strengths of the individual organisations. Its aim is to improve understanding of ocean behaviour, response to climate change and subsequent impacts on society through cross-disciplinary partnership research.
These partnerships have become increasingly important under the Oceans 2025 framework. They also help NERC and its research centres to meet their legal obligations under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations.
bodc, data management, oceanographic data, nerc